Is it possible to move a jail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

twisted

Dabbler
I'm running FreeNAS 9.1.1. I have FreeNAS setup as follows.

4x 3TB drives in a RAID10 configuration : datapool1
1x 250GB drive as a single disk : datadisk1

I would like to install minidlna to datadisk1. When I install the minidlna plugin, it automatically configures a jail dlna_1 on: /mnt/datapool1/jails. I would like it to go to /mnt/datadisk1/jails. How can this be achieved? Is it possible to move my jail to the datadisk1 or at least have it create a new one there instead of datapool1? I would really like to get the jail on to the single disk for power saving reasons. Having the jail on datapool1 means the other 4 disks are never spinning down, even overnight.

grc

Cadet
Newbie question
'Delete the current jail, change the Jail Root setting in Jails Configuration and install the plugin again."

How do I delete the jail? I have been trying to find a way for hours. Please help.

Thanks

Dusan

Guru
Jails -> View Jails -> Click on the jail -> Click the last button that appeared below (trashcan)

grc

Cadet
Sorry if I appear dense. When I click on jails, the only option is configuration. There is no "view jails" and no trashcan.
I am using ver. 9.1.1
Thanks for your response.

Dusan

Guru
When you click the top Jail button you go directly to the View Jails screen. My instructions above assume you will use the left tree menu. So, on that screen click on the jail you want to remove and the delete button will appear below.

MrAnim8

Cadet
Hi, I have a similar question. Right now I have multiple jails set up just the way I like it. I'd also like to move my jail root to a dedicated SSD vs. my main pool so my 5 drives can spin down.
Is there an easy way to do that (like copying the jail root, deleting it, setting them up, and copying the files back?). Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.