Is it possible to dedicate a unused Eth Port to an IOCage Jail?

Lastb0isct

Explorer
I want to use a dedicated port for an IOCage Jail. Is this possible? I've tried to do it through the new 11.2 GUI, but am having a tough time there...any help would be appreciated. I've looked around a little bit but haven't found a definitive answer.

MoonPie

Dabbler
First let me state I am not a network guru and this may be an inefficient config or break some sacred networking rules so if you are a network guru and cringe at the below statements please respond. So with that said... from what I have read Freenas will route traffic out based on network interface - destination segment matching. So assignment of physical interface is somewhat moot. So what I did was on my router I assign a net mask of 255.255.252.0 to my router LAN and then in Freenas I assign a separate segment to each interface with a /24 net mask

em0 10.1.1.4/24 - Freenas console address
em1 10.1.2.1/24
igb1 10.1.3.1/24

Now I setup my jails with DHCP and assign them to the segment of the interface I want them on. VMs are trickier but they can be setup on different segments resulting in routing thru different interfaces. As verification of my configuration if I unplug an interface all jails associated with that interfaces segment looses connectivity. Hope this helps I have been succesfully running this config for awhile.