Is it me or is SuperMicro slipping a bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
Just curious... While I don't use or own SuperMicro, I know that they are highly recommended here. But, I have to admit that lately I have seen a lot of posts where it boiled down to an issue on SuperMicro's part...

Not saying anything bad about them, but was wondering if I am incorrect in my recent observations?

/No need to breakout any pitchforks or ropes; I am just asking... :p

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Haven't really seen that except for the x11 flux issue, but I'm admittedly not reading everything while on vacation.

joeschmuck

Old Man
And I will admit that I'm the cause of much of the X11 issues on this forum right now. This kind of stuff keeps me busy. It's nice to have instant gratification but then I'd have nothing to do once everything is working. Hopefully the flux issue isn't seen by many people but since it showed up in two countries, well I suspect it will show up for anyone paying attention to the condition of the board.

gpsguy

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
Yeah, not pinning the blame on JoeSchmuck. :) Will try to find other recent relevant ones as well. Doesn't IXSystems use SuperMicro boards as well? If so, there are a couple posts were they had to be RMA'd too.

gpsguy

Probably in the TrueNAS boxes, but IDK.

The current FreeNAS Mini (where some users have had recent problems), uses an Asrock mobo.

Doesn't IXSystems use SuperMicro boards as well? If so, there are a couple posts were they had to be RMA'd too.

Status
Not open for further replies.