IPMI Losing Settings After Scrub

Status
Not open for further replies.

STREBLO

Patron
So I ran my first scrub last night and for some reason it caused my IPMI to forget all of its settings including my password and its fan settings. They all went back to defaults. Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know how to fix it or what I should do about it? I have a Supermicro X10SL7-F.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
I don't even see how this is possible. I have the same board and have never lost my IPMI settings. IPMI is separate from FreeNAS...

STREBLO

Patron
I don't even see how this is possible. I have the same board and have never lost my IPMI settings. IPMI is separate from FreeNAS...
Yea, weird as hell...

I guess it's possible it was a coincidence that it lost its settings at the same time I ran my first scrub but that's the only thing that seemed out of ordinary.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I have to echo @pirateghost's statement, with an X10SLM+-F

Some people have previously complained of losing fan settings after power-cycling the whole server (including IPMI), but I cannot replicate this.

STREBLO

Patron
I have to echo @pirateghost's statement, with an X10SLM+-F

Some people have previously complained of losing fan settings after power-cycling the whole server (including IPMI), but I cannot replicate this.
Lane

Status
Not open for further replies.