IP address conflict? what's epair0a, epair0b, bridge0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John M. Długosz

Contributor
I installed a fresh download of FreeNAS on a new USB thumb drive, and then uploaded a settings DB file from 9.2.1.8.

The Web UI and the shares worked for a few minutes and then stopped. The console showed "ARP: <blah> is using my IP address 192.168.1.77" but <blah> was the expected MAC address for the NIC.

It's further noting "... on epair0b".

What's going on here? The boot log, just before the menu was displayed, noted that the MAC address it stated to be epair0a is using the same IP address that epair0b wanted (same address, LAN .77).

I tried menu #2 to Delete Link Aggregation and likewise #3 to Delete any VLAN Interface.

Can someone explain to me what this stuff is, and critically HOW TO STRAIGHTEN IT OUT?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

John M. Długosz

Contributor

John M. Długosz

Contributor
Update:

I did a clean install of 9.3.1 (2016-05-17), and Uploaded my settings.

The console shows the same kind of IP address errors as before! Screenshot attached.

000046.png

Can someone tell me what epair0b etc. is all about, and more importantly, how do I straighten it out?

John M. Długosz

Contributor
Epairs are your jails and plugins

Ah! Finally a clue I can get some idea from! Do you suppose it has to do with the "minidlna" plug-in not being available anymore? It still shows as installed but I can't turn it on, and I see there is a jail for it.

John M. Długosz

Contributor
On this and my previous thread, pirateghost's answer above is the first/only thing that helped.

I uninstalled the only plug-in I had (which removed the jail) and this thing went away.

Status
Not open for further replies.