Introduction

Dewey1384

Cadet
Hello Everyone! I created my account some time back. I'm not much of a poster especially when it comes to talking about myself. I've been in electronics since high school. Was a Wideband Communication Technician in the Air force (Microwave Radio point to point repeater communications). Point to point is anywhere from 10 miles to 400 miles. My 1st computer was a TRS-80 Coco that got me started, with the advent of the IBM compatible, I've had 286, 386DX40, 486s, Pentium, and the list continues. I was in the process of building box full of various drives and while looking through the net, I came across FreeNAS about 4 years ago. I have been through about 4 drives but running the same OS. The next feature I want to enjoy is encrypting my data. I wish I had thought of before I copied all the data I had to the FreeNAS server. I wished I could have encrypted my data after it was on the server but this has not been possible. As my initial server is approaching 90%, it is well past I have been VERY happy with FreeNAS (soon to be TrueNAS for me). Obviously the forums are chocked full of information and I just want to say thanks.