Intel X710-DA2 adapters safe for FreeNAS 9.10.2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Stretch

Dabbler
I've tried and failed to buy Chelsio T6225-SO-CR cards and now even T520 series cards are scarce. Chelsio's tech support has been great but if their cards are made of unobtainium... sigh.

Mention has been made of Intel X710-DA2 cards, which are what we usually use, having driver issues with FreeNAS. I'm not clear whether those concerns are still valid. Will I be OK using them in a small FreeNAS server that supports our two iSCSI-connected ESXi VDI hosts? I'll upgrade to FreeNAS 11 if I need to. Worst case I'll pull the T520-SO-CR from my home lab and use that if the powers that be will allow.

Originally I was going to direct connect our two ESXi hosts to our FreeNAS box for 25Gbps goodness, thus the T6225's, but now it looks like connecting via our 10Gbps switch is how we'll go.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Yes, the drivers are fine.

bigphil

Patron
They work just fine, but you need to make sure you have the latest firmware on the cards (5.05) and using that latest FreeBSD driver from Intel (1.7.12) that I've posted here. Tuning recommendations from Intel say to also create the following sysctl tunable:
Variable: hw.intr_storm_threshold
Value: 0
Type: Sysctl

Brian Stretch

Dabbler
So several hours after placing the overnight order for Intel NICs, Chelsio's drop shipper informed our vendor that they'd shipped our T6225-SO-CR's via ground a week ago. Everything was delivered this morning. Sigh...

Status
Not open for further replies.