Installing version control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bxtreme

Dabbler
I know that GIt and SVN are under requested PBI's. But I really really want to get this installed, even if I can't get it on the web UI. I'm ok with going through some command line hoops to get this done, so does anyone know a way of doing this? Maybe someone has experience doing this or at least trying it?
It doesn't matter if it's SVN or GIT, I'll take anything that work lol!
(BTW - I tried installing GIT using FreeBSD instructions....but I failed miserably lol, so I'm kind of a CLI noob)

Thanks in advance!

-As an example of what I tried: http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=10810
The installion of GIT seemed ok. The pkg_add -r git pulled the files down and I guess they installed...but after that I couldn't follow his steps. It didn't create any directories and it didnt throw anything into my usr\local\libexec.

LAYGO

Explorer
This might be something I'll tackle soon as I've considered moving a project I'm working on to Github and/or my own SVN. I just wanna do some work now, but I definitely need some source control as backup.

Bxtreme

Dabbler
Thanks Laygo, that would be awesome. Keep me posted! I'd love to get this running at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.