Shared Object libiconv.so.2 Missing, Required By git

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOX

Dabbler
Hello FreeNAS Community,

I've been trying to re-build a NAS server that I made a mock up of on another NAS, so I started fresh by writing a brand new FreeNAS image to my USB stick. Everything installed fine with no errors, and booted up fine. After setting up all of the basic configurations, such as network interface, I created a PluginJail. Within this jail I installed git using "pkg install git", and it installed without any issue.

Where I am running into an issue is when I do a git clone within the jail I receive an error message, and nothing gets pulled from the repo I am attempting to clone.

Error Message:
Shared object "libiconv.so.2" not found, required by "git"

I thought maybe something happened or got corrupted on the original install, so I shutdown the system and re-imaged the USB stick. During my second attempt I didn't configure anything at all, and immediately created the jail and installed git again. This did not resolve the issue, and resulted in the same error message.

I setup my other mock NAS just last week, and git worked perfectly. If anyone would be able to assist me I would be very grateful as this is getting a little frustrating, since the web has nothing to offer on the subject currently.

Thank you everyone for your time and have a wonderful day!

EDIT
Just an FYI on how I corrected this, if someone else comes across this issue. I rebooted my FreeNAS machine, makes no sense but it works so ... yeah ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.