Installing from CD when ACHI is enabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alister

Explorer
When I tried to install from CD (FreeNAS-8.3.1-RELEASE-p2-x64.iso) with the system in ACHI mode the system gave
F6 PXE
BOOT F2 ########### (# continue)

When I changed to IDE system boots fine

Given that Freenas supports ACHI when Running why not a install? I have searched the forum and the other post just mentions that the change ACHI to IDE fixes this. Is this by design or should I submit a bug report?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Usually this means that there is a hardware incompatibility with the hardware you are using in AHCI mode.

Alister

Explorer
The PC in question has been running freenas for over a year. I'm sorting out the location of some of the drives and reinstalling, so there are no hardware changes.

Removed the Asrock sata3 card and the system boots from CD no problem. This card uses Marvell 88SE9123 / 88SE9120 chipset motherboard is a ga-b75m-d3h ver 1.0

I can boot from the Asrock card when it is installed - I'm using SD to SATA adapters to house the boot/jail drives, I suppose I could buy a couple of 8gb usb pen drives, would this be better? My server will be 6 x 2Tb in raidz1. I can always clone the sd image to a usb?

Status
Not open for further replies.