Init/Shutdown Script

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nucshuco

Explorer
Hello
Been using Transmission with Iptorrents for about a year now. I just noticed on the home page that Transmission 2.84 is banned.
I installed Deluge and its working perfect except for one thing. If I restart the Deluge jail or restart the server it takes about a minute and a half for the deluge jail to shut down. If I jexec into the jail and service deluged stop, then when I try to restart the jail or reboot the server it take seconds.
Is there a way I can add service deluged stop to the Init/Shutdown Script area of Freenas?
If so what’s the command?
Thank you

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
did you enable the deluge service in its jail (sysrc deluge_enable=YES)?

If so the service is stopped using the same method as the 'service' command by the jail's init system.

Nucshuco

Explorer
Hi Joshua
I did
sysrc deluged_enable=YES
sysrc delugew_enable=YES
But I didn't do sysrc deluge_enable=YES
Thank you that fixed it.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer

Nucshuco

Explorer
I take that back, it didn't work. Already had the service stopped when I checked. I don't have deluge, I only have deluged and delugew. deluged is the one that is slowing down server restart and jail restart.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I take that back, it didn't work. Already had the service stopped when I checked. I don't have deluge, I only have deluged and delugew. deluged is the one that is slowing down server restart and jail restart.
strange, shutting down should run through all the enable services and stop them using the same code that "service deluged stop" does.

Nucshuco

Explorer
What about adding service deluged stop script to the Init/Shutdown Script area of Freenas? I have a script now that shuts down deluged if im jexec in the jail. But it wont work in Init/Shutdown Script area.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
What about adding service deluged stop script to the Init/Shutdown Script area of Freenas? I have a script now that shuts down deluged if im jexec in the jail. But it wont work in Init/Shutdown Script area.
I don't know how you can make that run a command in a jail. but, there might be a way to do so. maybe look into 'warden' commands.

Status
Not open for further replies.