INDEX - Available Plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.
The links for some plugins go 404. I'm trying to create the newest version of the couchpotato plugin (couchpotatoserver - much better functionality) but the tutorial found on docs.freenas.org is deprecated and does not match the structure of other plugins (even the official ones). Is there a guide to creating PBIs somewhere, which is more recent or does the plugin exist somewhere or does this plugin already exist?

Thanks for your response. Technically, this won't do as it is for traditional PBIs from packages. CouchPotato is a portable application so it falls into a different category (much different than transmission).

Still, I believe that since many Linux users without hardcore FreeBSD knowledge turn to FreeNAS, a good and easy PBI tutorial will bring a lot of new plugins to FreeNAS. If you need an outsider's eye to your tutorial, please let me know, I will try to find what's missing so the documentation can be much more comprehensible.

D

dlavigne

Feel free to take a crack at that page and let me know if you have any problems editing it.

One of the things I need to test, and one of the benefits we get from now being on 9.x, is converting an existing PC-BSD PBI to a FreeNAS PBI. In theory, the only difference will be the addition of the config file as the rest of the files already create a working PBI. And PC-BSD now has an improved GUI, WYSIWYG, EasyPBI2 creator which makes PBI generation even easier. Just have to find the time to finish testing it and write it up.

Lightperfect

Dabbler
Is these information still up to date?
Seems freenas 9.1.1 plugin GUI allowed you to install those plugins, but need some tuning. I am still learning about it.

Wilbertcr

Dabbler
Hello,

Currently my freenas is set to get the plugins list from:

http://www.appcafe.org/freenas/json

So I can only see Bacula SD, DLNA / UPnP and mt-daapd. What are the other URLs where I can get plugins like, say the oncloud plugin. Is this centralized or are they all over the place?

Thanks

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Umm, did you even open that link? If you do and search for "owncloud" you'll see it is part of that list. That address is the centralized official plugin list for FreeNAS.

cyberjock

Inactive Account

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Are you using FreeNAS 9.1.0-release or 9.1.1-release, x64 edition, and if you ping www.google.com from the terminal does it work?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I know many of the plugins are x64 only. So that's probably your problem.

Wilbertcr

Dabbler
Yeah, that's probably it, still happy with my new toy though. Got btsync running and it's a charm :)

cyberjock

Inactive Account
x86 is going the way of the dodo bird next year, so you might want to look at upgrading your hardware before its discontinued.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I just found and booted my 9.1.1 x86 FreeNAS VM. It does list all of the plugins.

Did you try the "refresh" button in the plugin tab? If that doesn't work I don't have any good advice aside from looking for errors with dmesg or in the footer(if you enabled it in the WebGUI).

Wilbertcr

Dabbler
Yeah, I've tried the refresh and no dmesg are showed in the footer but hat's ok man, don't worry about it. I pretty much have everything I wanted to get from it, just wanted to check out the plugins but I am good. BitTorrent Sync, FTP and CIFS share is all I wanted and everything is working like a charm, got my Cron Jobs going to restart every couple of days and an init script to get BitTorrent Sync to start automatically after every restart, I'm set :)

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I vote that this thread be unstickyed since plugins can now be indexed/searched directly from the FreeNAS WebGUI. If a developer wants release a new plugin they can just submit it to be on the AppCafe and have a thread specifically for it.

Also, how do I submit PBI's to the APP Cafe? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.