Increase ZFS Pool size not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trisprice

Cadet
Hi ,
I have just replaced 4 x 3Tb with 4 x 6Tb.But I am not seeing the extra space. I did'nt know about the auto expand property before I did it. After reading the manual. I have tried the following.
I'm using ZFS2

Autoexpand is now on
Have run zpool online -e Vol1 gptid/xxx for each drive
Have exported and imported the pool via command line and web interface
Run Scrub
Rebooted

I think I am missing something very oblivious but how do I get ESPNAS to increase in size , thanks for any help.

console.jpg

Freenas 9.2.1.9

danb35

Hall of Famer
I think it worked. If you now have 4 x 6 TB disks in RAIDZ2, that would give you 12 TB, or 10.8 TiB, of usable capacity, minus filesystem overhead, reserved space, etc. Your zfs list shows that your net capacity is (5.3 + 5.1) 10.4 TiB, which is pretty much spot-on.

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
Your zfs list shows that your net capacity is (5.3 + 5.1) 10.4 TiB, which is pretty much spot-on.
Yes, but the GUI seems off. I would have expected the GUI Detach/Import sequence to fix that.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Keep in mind that he's using 9.2, so the GUI shows used space differently than under 9.3--one way that I know is that it doesn't count the usage of child datasets as part of the usage of the parent. @Trisprice, can you give another screen shot of the storage screen, with ESPNAS expanded (i.e., click on the triangle to the left of the name)?

Trisprice

Cadet
I was being stupid.Was expecting the Size to show 10.4Tb for ESPNAS but as Danb has mentioned my reservations take space away from Size. I have 3 datasets under ESPNAS which have reservation/Quota's and one of those has a bunch of datasets for TimeMachine backups all have reservations and quota's and they take the Space from ESPNAS. I was trying to increase the size of a dataset without increasing the reservation on the parent dataset.

Been lurking on these forums for awhile , first time posting , very impressed with the speed and help fullness of the responses. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.