import volumes error

Status
Not open for further replies.

marklyn

Dabbler
The 500MB drive where my .7x FreeNAS version was installed to crashed so I popped in a new drive and "upgraded" (installed) the newest version of FreeNAS 9.2 from scratch.
I tried to auto import my other two hard drives but I did get some error so I went to manually import each one.
The smaller drive seems to have imported fine and I've since set up the same share info for it and now I can connect to it from my other computers.
The larger 1 Tb drive though shows "error getting available space error getting total space unknown" after I manually imported it. They are both UFS drives.
I'm not finding a lot of information related to what this means or how/if I can recover from this.
The data on that drive is backed up though so, if I can't find a way to properly import and use the drive (volume) I guess I could wipe and re-create it?

I'd appreciate any tips or any help in determining what might be wrong.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
You'll probably get better support for your old .7x formatted drives from the NAS4Free forums. We really don't provide any support for making pre 8.0 stuff work and none of the developers from the old .7x project work are here.

marklyn

Dabbler
You'll probably get better support for your old .7x formatted drives from the NAS4Free forums. We really don't provide any support for making pre 8.0 stuff work and none of the developers from the old .7x project work are here.

Ahhh, I see I think. I guess I remembered incorrectly that the upgrade path went from FreeNAS .7x to --> FreeNAS 8.x+ but in reality FreeNAS .7x went to NAS4Free? If this is correct then I need to figure out what product I should stick with based on current features/strengths. Am I correct in this assumption?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Ahhh, I see I think. I guess I remembered incorrectly that the upgrade path went from FreeNAS .7x to --> FreeNAS 8.x+ but in reality FreeNAS .7x went to NAS4Free? If this is correct then I need to figure out what product I should stick with based on current features/strengths. Am I correct in this assumption?

Correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.