Unable to import unencrypted ZFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkylerL

Cadet
System crash trying to restore access to NAS on my local network, have reinstalled boot on a new flash drive and am able to boot into the system and web GUI.

On attempt to import volume on the GUI, getting error:
Error: The volume "freenas-boot" failed to import, for futher details check pool status
In CMD line returns: cannot import "freenas-boot": Pool already exists

Upon Checking Zpool Status in CMD line:

Zpool Status
Pool: freenas-boot
state: ONLINE
scan: none requested
config:

Name State Read Write CKSUM
freenas -boot ONLINE 0 0 0
ada1p2 ONLINE 0 0 0

Upon attempting Zpool Import 13431343513202277587 in CMD Line:
Cannot import 'freenas-boot': pool may be in use from other system use '-f' to import anyway

Upon attempting Zpool Import -f in CMD Line:

Pool: freenas-boot
id: 13431343513202277587
state: ONLINE
action: the pool can be imported using its name or numeric identifier, though some features will not be available without an explicit 'zpool upgrade'
config:
freenas-boot ONLINE
da0p2 ONLINE

Unsure what are the next steps i should take. Would love to get some advice on how i can reimport this ZFS to my system or at the very least transfer the data on the drive to a new location. Thank for any assistance!

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
I'm confused, why are you importing the boot environment? You want to import your pool. Freenas will do this almost automatically.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Yeah what I'm reading here, is he's got his boot environment attached, and he *THINKS* he has drives for the data pool attached, and doesn't realize that freenas-boot is not what he wants.

Sir, drop to shell, and tell us what
Code:
camcontrol devlist
says, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.