Import Volume error

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyle

Contributor
Hi, there. I have recently upgraded my rig including two new 2TB hard disks that I have setup in RAID1. I also upgraded from Freenas 8.0 to 8.3.

I have a 1TB hard disk that was pulled from the old rig and I am trying to retrieve the data from it. It was just a standalone drive.

I am getting the error message when I try to Import Volume "The selected disks were not verified for this import rules. <sic>", screenprint below:

error msg.jpg

What does this error mean and any suggestions to proceed?

I can see the drive in my bios when I boot up, so I think the drive is fully functioning....

lyle

Contributor
Here you go, Dusan-

gpart show.jpg

Dusan

Guru
Is this the complete output? I don't see the drive you are trying to import. (I assume that da0 is the USB stick and ada2 & ada3 are the 2 new drives.) From your first screenshot it seems the old drive is ada0. If that is the case, please run
gpart show ada0

lyle

Contributor
Here is that output (also did gpart show ada1 in case that helps):

gpart show ada0.jpg

Dusan

Guru
Which drive is the old one you are trying to import? ada0? If yes, then I see that ada0 is ZFS. You have to use Auto Import Volume and not Import Volume to import ZFS pools.

lyle

Contributor
Thanks for the tip! I am making progress!
I did the Auto Import and I am now getting this Alert:
  • WARNING: The volume TB_disk (ZFS) status is UNKNOWN: The pool is formatted using an older on-disk format. The pool can still be used, but some features are unavailable.Upgrade the pool using 'zpool upgrade'. Once this is done, the pool will no longer be accessible on older software versions.
Do you know how I would do a "zpool upgrade" ?

Dusan

Guru
If you imported the disk just to copy the data you do not need to upgrade the pool. The data should be accessible at this point. However, if you wish to upgrade the pool I strongly recommend reading the documentation: 2.6.5 Upgrading a ZFS Pool

lyle

Contributor
That worked perfectly, Dusan. . Data is intact and accessible.
thank you for all your help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.