Import stripe pool with failed drive.

paradoxiom

Patron
I created a raidz1 pool out of random drives to hold data for a move and one of them failed during it, I only got about 60% off it before it kept I/O faulting and disabling in TrueNAS completely.

I have since exported the pool.

I am trying to load it a few more times and see if I can get anything off it, but my system won't even boot up with the bad drive plugged in now - it just hangs somewhere around where it's checking disks etc, I left it for 45minutes and nothing.

1642648459095.png

If I could import the pool, could I try 'replacing' the bad drive with the same drive, or what can I do here?

The working drives in the pool:
1642648564466.png

The faulty one is a 4TB BarraCuda also.

paradoxiom

Patron
Going off your screenshots, you made a stripe, not a RAIDZ - there is no parity, and ZFS can't import it unless all drives are present.
Right yes, I thought raidz1 was stripe so I was using them interchangably, I know there's no parity- so impossible to import without all drives present?

Right then, how do I go about getting my systems like, bootup-log file or something? I'll go shut down, plug the bad drive in, start up, etc etc.

sretalla