"I'm aware this will destroy snapshots within this dataset" on backup pool...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwisherSweet

Contributor
Hi,

I gave two external backup enclosures, backup1 and backup2. I have a replication task that replicates the archive dataset from primary to backup1. I have since decided to move this replication to backup2, so I simply changed the target of the replication from backup1 to backup2 and it simply replicated the entire archive dataset to backup2 (really simple... luv it!).

Now, I want to remove the archive dataset from backup1 but get the message below. If I check the checkbox, will it only remove the archive snapshots that were replicated to the backup1 pool and not affect the primary pool and the primary pool's archive dataset?

2017-07-03_07-16-32.png

danb35

Hall of Famer
It will affect only the named dataset, backup1/archive. primary/archive is a different dataset, as is backup2/archive.

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
Hi,

I gave two external backup enclosures, backup1 and backup2. I have a replication task that replicates the archive dataset from primary to backup1. I have since decided to move this replication to backup2, so I simply changed the target of the replication from backup1 to backup2 and it simply replicated the entire archive dataset to backup2 (really simple... luv it!).

Now, I want to remove the archive dataset from backup1 but get the message below. If I check the checkbox, will it only remove the archive snapshots that were replicated to the backup1 pool and not affect the primary pool and the primary pool's archive dataset?

View attachment 19274
Yes, the command you show will only destroy the backup1/archive dataset and will have no effect on primary/archive.

Status
Not open for further replies.