IErrors.. What is causing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

evillone

Explorer
I replaced the controller with my OLD one from the other PC. I had to update the BIOS on the MB and it now sees all 3TB drives.

As for the other concerns, I guess only time will tell. ( i have everything backed-up )

It asked me to update the ZFS POOL i did that, and it seems ok for now, im running a series of tests now, I will let you guys know if i run into any issues.

Also, does anyone know how to run a manual Health report?

Thanks again.

a health report on the pool? you can do zpool status from putty/terminal/shell

Code:
zpool status

evillone

Explorer
sorry i meant , similar to the 'emailed' report you get daily, (if you enable)

- also, to Nick's points, i have enabled scrub weekly to see if i encounter any anomalies that you mentioned,

thanks again guys.

Nick2253

Wizard
A scrub will only detect on-pool corruption. It won't detect the many other problems, like incorrect Samba settings that lead to silent data corruption on read/writes across a network, that may come from using old config files.

I mean, we're not talking about a version 9.2.1 config in a 9.3 system. We're talking about a version 8.2 config file. That's at least 3 years and 10 versions old! There have been a lot of changes since then.

It's your box, so it's your choice, but I'd say that doing so takes a hugely unnecessary risk. You shouldn't do it. That's all I'll say about it.

evillone

Explorer
ok fresh start, all wiped, recreated.. and now.... win CIFS probs.... bleeehhhhhhhh 1 client can see the share, another cant.... hrmmmmm

evillone

Explorer
hrmm,,, deleted everything ie: user / share. re created, this time chose 'wheel' group for user abcd, and now everything is ok??

evillone

Explorer
Just about finished copying everything over.

All restored , with a fresh config, and a fresh ver of 9.3 !

Cheers!! :D

Thanks again to all that gave me their input!!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.