I started my FreeNAS wrong from the beginning now what?

SuperSnake79

Cadet
Dell PowerEdge R510 32GB RAM
TrueNAS 13.0-U5.3

FreeNAS (Upgraded to TrueNAS) - OS SSD RAID1 136GB - mfid0 serial# NULL
Dell Perc onboard RAID5 72TB Storage allocated - mfid1 serial# NULL.
Dell MD1200SAS Storage 1 ZFS3 - 20TB Storage Allocated
Dell MD 1220SAS Storage 2 -- Cannot add to the existing Pools or create new ones.

Error when creating or adding the new POOL to an existing one.

[EINVAL] pool_create.topology: Disks have duplicate serial numbers: '' (mfid0, mfid1).
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 355, in run
await self.future
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 391, in __run_body
rv = await self.method(*([self] + args))
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 981, in nf
return await f(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/pool.py", line 639, in do_create
verrors.check()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/service_exception.py", line 62, in check
raise self

middlewared.service_exception.ValidationErrors: [EINVAL] pool_create.topology: Disks have duplicate serial numbers: '' (mfid0, mfid1).

So, after reading all the literature, I know that the method I used to configure my OS and the initial server was incorrect, but I used the proper hardware for the containers. Unfortunately, this was after the fact, and I don't want to lose my 80TB of content. Is there any way around this where I can append a serial number to the mfid# storage devices and shift some data around to correct the overall design?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
There is no recovering from this without destroying your pool. Hardware RAID is fundamentally incompatible with ZFS' functionality and is a very good way of losing your data.

You will need to setup a pool with direct-attach disks (large enough for your data), which means you will need HBAs to replace the RAID controller(s).

SuperSnake79

Cadet
There is no recovering from this without destroying your pool. Hardware RAID is fundamentally incompatible with ZFS' functionality and is a very good way of losing your data.

You will need to setup a pool with direct-attach disks (large enough for your data), which means you will need HBAs to replace the RAID controller(s).
I was afraid that was going to be the answer. I appreciate the reply; I only wished for a temporary workaround to save my movies.