I messed up permissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In order to save a little bit of face all I'm going to do is say that I messed up permissions on directories I had no intent of changing.

When logging into FreeNAS UI of 9.3, I get an error. I've copy-n-pasted the exact error to an attached file on this post. I then go to Update >> Verify Install to see more info and the verification process runs and lists all known errors with the OS. They are all permission related that I mucked up. Also attached to the post is a txt file listing the permissions error.

I've been trying to read about this and what it looks like I'll be needing to do is perform some fsck-ing Even that I'm not sure is the solution but its the direction I'm looking.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction to restore OS permissions on files to how they should be?

Thank you.

Attachments

• FreeNAS Error Traceback.txt
    3.3 KB · Views: 235
  • Permissions Error.txt
    8.8 KB · Views: 228
D

Deleted47050

Lol @ 01666, what did you do? :D

I suppose you can either either write a simple script that iterates over the impacted files and chmods them back to the correct permissions, or you can take a backup of your configuration, reinstall FreeNAS and then restore from backup.

I ended up downloading the latest installer, saving the existing config from within the UI, installed on top of the existing - errors present. Performed an update within the UI then applied the saved backup and was OK after.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.