I have an IP adress but no interface...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artexanis

Dabbler
I'm a bit confused:
- I can access the web UI.
- I want to set the ip address static, so go to Network - Interfaces. There are no interfaces present. Should I create one?

Network --> Network Summary:

Name IPv4 Address
alc0 192.168.101.21/24
Nameserver
Default route
192.168.101.1​

Network --> Interfaces --> View interfaces

Interface Name DHCP IPv4 Address IPv6 Auto IPv6 Address Options Available actions
No interfaces defined​

I'm not really sure, but is 'alc0' (as found in Network Summary) not supposed to be the main Interface?

Thanks in advance!

gpsguy

The interface should be listed right below: Network --> Interfaces, ie. probably 2 lines above "View interfaces".

You could also set it from the console, 1) Configure network interfaces

gpsguy

I don't know why your interface isn't listed in the gui.

If you have a monitor on your server, you should be able to configure it, using option 1 (configure network interfaces) on the menu.

paleoN

Wizard

Artexanis

Dabbler
@paleoN: I see... Was this the same in earlier versions of FreeNAS? In fact, I searched for it on the internet and was following this guide: http://www.trainsignal.com/blog/nas-setup-guide
Reading:
Code:
Setting a Static IP Address
It is often useful to have servers on fixed addresses rather than relying on DHCP. Click the “Network” icon in the toolbar below the FreeNAS logo. Click “Interfaces” in the “Network Settings” tab which has now appeared in the right pane.
There will be one (or possibly two) interfaces listed. Click “Edit” on the primary network interface. Enter a name for the network card in the “Interface” field (you can just copy what is in the NIC field). Un-tick “DHCP” and enter the static IP address you wish to use in the “IPv4 Address” field. Select the appropriate netmask from the “IPv4 Netmask” drop-down, probably “/24 (255.255.255.0).” Click “OK.”

It worked, no problem at all. Thanks! and sorry for wasting your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.