I had 2x4GB sticks. Added 8GB stick but showing 12GB on freenas. Please help. (Noob)

Saswata13

Cadet
Hey, I have 2x4GB corsair vengeance and bought 1 8GB Corsair value select. but after installing them it is showing 16gb on the bios but in the freenas, it is showing 12GB. After that, I googled a lot and got some shell commands to see the ram "sysctl".
Screenshot_2019-05-29 FreeNAS - 192 168 1 10.png

How can I use the full 16GB ram?

Thanks for reading and replying.

Edit:-
Bios show the total 16Gb of ram.
and I don't have any dedicated GPU or IGPU.

Spec:-
AMD FX 6100
GA 970A DS3
16GB RAM (2X4GB And 1X8GB)
3X1TB(RAIDZ) AND 2X2TB(MIRROR)
650W PSU

Last edited:

Redcoat

MVP
Have you checked in the BIOS that the system isn't "taking" some of your installed memory and allocating it to graphics or some other purpose?

As you haven't provided any of the information requested in the Forum Rules (hardware and FreeNAS version) it's really not possible to give you much help.

Saswata13

Cadet
Have you checked in the BIOS that the system isn't "taking" some of your installed memory and allocating it to graphics or some other purpose?

As you haven't provided any of the information requested in the Forum Rules (hardware and FreeNAS version) it's really not possible to give you much help.

Sorry man, I forgot to mention the details. Now I edited the post.

I have seen in the bios is showing full 16GB. and also I don't have any igpu or dedicated GPU.

Thanks for replying.

Redcoat

MVP
Well, I know nothing on AMD - hopefully somebody else will have ideas to help here. I have no idea if your situation is or may be AMD related, of course.

Which FreeNAS version are you running?

Saswata13

Cadet
Well, I know nothing on AMD - hopefully somebody else will have ideas to help here. I have no idea if your situation is or may be AMD related, of course.

Which FreeNAS version are you running?

FreeNAS® 11.2-U4.1