I can't access FreeNAS WebGUI!

Status
Not open for further replies.

northenosprey2

Dabbler
I got some problem when I access WebGUI, when I access the address I can see the text "The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again later.". How to solve them?

Here's the NAS specification, it was resurrect HP Vectra VL600 to NAS:
- Pentium III 800MHz
- 128MB Rambus
- Matrox G400
- Samsung SpinPoint 40GB IDE x 2
- Seagate Barracuda 80GB IDE
- Realtek NIC Card
- Samsung CD-ROM

cyberjock

Inactive Account
ROFLMFAO. You have impressed me with even attempting to use such an outdated machine. Kudos for trying!

The CPU was first manufactured in 1999! Anyway, your have nowhere near enough RAM. The manual makes recommendations for system RAM in GB; not MB. You couldn't physically add enough RAM to that machine to make it work as a FreeNAS server. Your issues are almost certainly related to not enough RAM to load the services. For comparison, some people have had problems with just 1GB of RAM.

Get a newer computer ;)

northenosprey2

Dabbler
I want to upgrade the memory to 1GB ECC to solve the problem, but it rarely sold in my city. Otherwise, I find them online

OR

Using newer hardware:
- Biostar P4M890-M7 TE (need repairment :D)
- 2GB DDR2 800MHz
- 2x 2TB SATA HDD (or 4x 2TB SATA HDD if I have RAID controller card)
- 32GB SSD for boot drive (probably)
- Samsung DVD-RW SATA

This is worth it for NAS deployment?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
It also depends on what kind of performance you want. If you'll be serving movies on your home network, an old machine will be great for it. If you plan to use ZFS, you need a minimum of 4GB. If high performance is needed, consider building a system with components that are modern. The manual has a few paragraphs about system needs.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
That means you need more RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.