I cannot start a VM in FreeNAS 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help me folks. I have upgraded my FreeNAS OS when I found out that a stable release was available for my system. I used the update/upgrade feature from within the FreeNAS web GUI. I found the new VM option and wanted to give it a go, but could not get it to start. I have tried everything that I could think of or find online in the forums. I have tried making sure that I have a live CD (Ubuntu) selected for the CD-ROM device and have tried changing the UEFI option and network driver option. I am attaching images below that show what I am seeing. I also have an image showing my output from the cmdline to make sure that my CPU supports virtualization. Please help!
STarted.PNG
SysInfo.PNG
Command.PNG

KrisBee

Wizard
Did you read through the VM section in the new guide? Just click the "guide icon" on top right of your screen.

I see you're using an AMD processor on what is probably a consumer grade m/board. Did you use any virtual machines in another operating system (Windows/Linux) with VirtualBox or VMplayer on this hardware in the past? If not, you may not have ensured VM support has been enabled in your m/board's BIOS.

AFIAK, the "grep test" just looks at the CPU flags and assumes you have a VM enabled BIOS. Your CPU is definitely VM capable, so assuming you have followed the FreeNAS guide correctly, check your m/board's BIOS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.