I can not access my nas in Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiahao

Cadet
Hi,
I am a user of Windows 10. I can access my nas when my FreeNas server and my client pc are in the same network. But I can not access my nas in the different network. How to solve this problem?The version of my nas is 9.3.

I guess this all depends on where the "different" network is. Is it in the same building, but maybe a different subnet? At a remote local(across the Internet)?

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
I can not access my nas in the different network
NAS stands for "network attached storage".

The "network" part is generally taken to mean "LAN", which stands for "local area network", which you termed "same network".

Additional effort is required to connect to any device outside your LAN.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Windows 10 behaves just like Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 with FreeNAS. I haven't yet seen a single thread with an issue that can be pinned on Windows 10.

chiahao

Cadet
It is in the different building. When It is working in the different building when I use the Windows 7 & 8.
But when I upgrade the windows 10, it is not working.

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
Define "not working". Does that mean it doesn't show up in your network places? Have you tried using the IP address? Authentication problem?

zoomzoom

Guru
It is in the different building. When It is working in the different building when I use the Windows 7 & 8.
But when I upgrade the windows 10, it is not working.
There's a lot of pertinent information missing from your posts that literally make it impossible for anyone to provide help.

It would help to know:
  • the subnets
  • how your computer was configured on Windows 8 to access the NAS
    • smb shares (i.e. network shares in My Computer/This PC)
      • Is SMB Sharing Support enabled on Windows 10 (Control Panel - Programs - Programs and Features - Turn Windows Features On or Off - SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support)
    • was a hostname or the IP of the NAS utilized for the share (i.e. \\FreeNAS\MyShare or \\192.168.1.20\MyShare)
  • have you checked the firewall logs to see if the connection is being blocked by the firewall
  • have you modified the VFS settings for the CIFS share on FreeNAS since it last worked on Windows 8
  • have you modified the Server Minimum/Maximum Protocol for the CIFS service on FreeNAS since it last worked on Windows 8

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.