How to view DDM information of SFP+ Transceiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows7ge

Contributor
I need to view the DDM (Digital Diagnostic Monitoring) function of my SFP+ fiberoptic transceiver (at the request of the retailer I bought it from because it died on day 1) which displays temperature, voltage, noise (dB), and other information.

I do not have a network switch. I need a way to view this data on my FreeNAS V11.0 U3 server. ifconfig does not display this data and Google hasn't been of any assistance.

The only clues I've found are to setup SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) on the server and find software that can read the transmitted network packets but I'd rather not do that because that'd be quite a bit of trial & error (unless this is quite literally my ONLY option).

Any answers are appreciated.

Nick2253

Wizard
If your vendor can provide any suggestions for software that runs on Linux, you could boot the server on linux, get the data, and then reboot back to FreeNAS. I only suggest Linux because I can't find any resources for FreeBSD (my Google-fu just isn't strong enough).

Windows7ge

Contributor
If your vendor can provide any suggestions for software that runs on Linux, you could boot the server on linux, get the data, and then reboot back to FreeNAS. I only suggest Linux because I can't find any resources for FreeBSD (my Google-fu just isn't strong enough).
I'll reply to them and ask. They have not posed the question as a requirement for the replacement but if I can do it I'll give them the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.