How To Setup Active Directory Shares?

EnigmaNas

Dabbler
Hello, I have managed to get TrueNas 12 Core up and running, and connected with Active Directory for my domain. I have also created a pool with several datasets which I would like to share on my network. I did manage to create the shares for the datasets (All_Movies, All_Music, and All_Backups), and those shares do show up on client machines on the network, but I have no permissions to view or write to any of them, when attempting to access those shares from a client machine.

When I created the datasets, I selected SMB as the 'share type'. When I created the share, each dataset was listed as having an ACL attached already, which I assumed was the AD ACLs. I'm not sure exactly what I should do to make the shares accessible from my Windows clients, and I am way too new to TrueNas to simply start experimenting.

So if anyone can help me with some detailed steps to resolve this issue, it would really help me get a little further down this TrueNas path. :)

Thanks for any help provided.

EnigmaNas

Dabbler
Update -
I appear to have solved the problem by going to the Pool list and expanding the list of DataSets, and selecting to Edit Permissions.
My Active Directory groups and Users were available to be assigned as users, and doing so resolved the problem.
So just to be clear, Here are the steps -
Go to Storage / Pools, and select the pool that has the DataSets you are sharing.
Select Edit Permissions from the 3dot menu at the far right of the DataSet.
Here you can add users to access the share by selecting from the drop down list which will contain all your Active Directory users and groups.
Good Luck!

Eroble

Cadet
Did you run into any issues with your users being able to locate the drive on their personal machines? from my point of view I have all the settings and share settings correct but when I go into the account that is in the AD group attached to my data sheets I do not see a drive and have no ability to map the drive.