How to recover Nextcloud Database?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oguruma

Patron
I want to move my Nextcloud install to a different box. Upgrading to 11.2 broke NC and I would just as well start from scratch.

I have a dataset for the Nextcloud files and db outside of the jail (/mnt/myvolume/nextcloud)

I don't have any files I need to move, just the database.

The problem is, how do I recover the Nextcloud database?

fahrgast

Cadet
Had the same question. Now, do I need to dump the database also if I've already had the latest version of Nextcloud and MariaDB?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Now, do I need to dump the database also if I've already had the latest version of Nextcloud and MariaDB?
How else would you move it?

NasKar

Guru
I wrote a script to backup and restore nextcloud. You can download/copy the NextcloudBR.sh and NextcloudBR-config files to the jail you want to backup, and adjust the NextcloudBR-config parameters for your setup. Make sure to change the dbPassword to your password in the config file before running. Then copy the backup to your new jail and select the restore option. I've tested it in FN 11.1 U5 backing up an iocage nextcloud install. It works for backup and restore on my test setup. Will try to backup my main NC install and restore it to the test environment as a final test. If you give it try let me know if it worked.

fahrgast

Cadet
Thank you for that hint.
I couldn't use it jet, since my goal was to install the nextcloud new and reimport the database. I decided now to reinstall all of it from the ground up, since I've had too many problems with php and nextcloud itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.