SOLVED How to manually add storage mounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraftyClown

Patron
Hi guys,

I've just had to reinstall my Plex plugin, due to some issues following a change of network. That all went smoothly, however I'm now now left with the annoying issue of not being able to add storage mounts: Mount failed (64) which I understand is a recognised bug in the GUI, that was been there for a few builds now.

I'm sorry to confess that as a light user of Freenas (I only use it for my Plex media server) I am only familiar with the GUI and I was wondering if any kind soul could point me in the right direction with regard to adding storage manually?

Cheers

CraftyClown

Patron
If I understand correctly I should be using the 'mount_nullfs' command in shell, is this correct?

I'm just not quite sure what I do with it :)

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Does the setting to add storage under the jails section in the left hand side of the GUI not do what you want? One thing to keep in mind is the path you make as the source can't have the plex jail as a child in that path.

There isn't a bug with mounting storage that in aware of.

CraftyClown

Patron
Does the setting to add storage under the jails section in the left hand side of the GUI not do what you want? One thing to keep in mind is the path you make as the source can't have the plex jail as a child in that path.

There isn't a bug with mounting storage that in aware of.

From what I've read in the forums, the bug is with the 'create directory' button in the GUI. Any attempt to create a new directory, throws an error (64) (see screenshot below)

Unfortunately I need to create 3 new directories.

The manual refers to using 'mount_nullfs' from shell, but as far as I can see, not how to use it.

Any help adding the directories would be greatly appreciated :)

Attachments

• error 64.jpg
    error 64.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 164

CraftyClown

Patron
Ok, I've tried using 'mkdir Film Music TV' but it comes back as 'Read-only file system'

Close, but not close enough ;)

CraftyClown

Patron
Well he's only gone and worked it out himself :)

mkdir /mnt/Movies_and_Music/pluginjails/plexmediaserver_1/Film

I was obviously attempting to create a directory in the root, which is read only. I just needed to backtrack and see where Freenas wanted to add the storage and copy the path to the mkdir command.

So I learnt my first Unix commands today. I think I'm going to celebrate and make myself a cup of tea :D

Status
Not open for further replies.