How To Light Up Lan and Disk Led on a brand NAS

Kurt Sun

Cadet
Dear community friends,

I am new comer in this community and seeking for help.

I installed TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.3.3 on a brand NAS ( Chinese brand Lulian, Model: DX4600 Pro).
Original NAS OS is OGNAS, Power/Lan/Disk LED worked well.

But after I installed TrueNAS on its ECC, only power led is working, Lan and Disk led never worked.

Could anyone please give me some clues to solve this issue?

Many thanks in advance!

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
This is not something any OS can influence. It sounds like your hardware is either defective, incorrectly designed, or expecting something non-standard.

Constantin

Vampire Pig
It sounds as if the LEDs on your NAS are not driven by the actual chips doing the lifting but rather by general I/O pins on the motherboard.

Unfortunately, TrueNAS would have to be re-written specifically to hunt down the pins and fire them on your board, which is not something I would ever expect the team to do unless you stood there with a giant Cheque. Sorry!

The only time I’ve heard of them investing serious engineering time into addressing various hardware foibles was when they decided to use the asrock rack c2750d4i motherboard in their first series of Mini NAS’.

Kurt Sun

Cadet
This is not something any OS can influence. It sounds like your hardware is either defective, incorrectly designed, or expecting something non-standard.
I am very sure it is not hardware defective as it's total new product.

Kurt Sun

Cadet
It sounds as if the LEDs on your NAS are not driven by the actual chips doing the lifting but rather by general I/O pins on the motherboard.

Unfortunately, TrueNAS would have to be re-written specifically to hunt down the pins and fire them on your board, which is not something I would ever expect the team to do unless you stood there with a giant Cheque. Sorry!

The only time I’ve heard of them investing serious engineering time into addressing various hardware foibles was when they decided to use the asrock rack c2750d4i motherboard in their first series of Mini NAS’.
Thank you! I think you hit the right point: another post mentioned another player encounter similar issue after he flashed openWRT into a brand router. Router's LED didn't work properly either.