How to install external owncloud apps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I installed freenas plugin for owncloud. Works fine, but I tried to install owncloud apps:
1) I downloaded app to owncloud app folder (jails/owncloud_1/usr/local/www/owncloud/apps)
2) unzip app file
3) Tried to enable app on owncloud, but I can't see her listed.

I restarted plugin on freenas interface, and on command line, I restarted freenas and I didn't saw app on owncloud.

How did it work?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I'm going to move this to off-topic as your question isn't FreeNAS related.

As for the answer to your question, you are probably better off looking at Owncloud support resources.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Have you tried following Cyberjock's suggestion from two years ago, and using the Owncloud support resources? This really isn't a FreeNAS issue (which is why it's in the off-topic forum).

adrianwi

Guru
It really should just be a case of putting the app in a folder in the whatever/owncloud/apps folder (e.g. /usr/local/www/owncloud/apps/contacts) and then enabling it through the Apps menu (drop-down next to the cloud in the top-left). It should appear in the Not Enabled section, maybe in the experimental section at the bottom.

To be honest, I tend to stay clear of the non-official/supported ones as they have a tendency to break things, so take a snapshot before you add anything so it can be rolled back easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.