henqbleom

Dabbler
hello i'm new to truenas

i am currently using,
Asrock B550M-ITX/ac moederbord
AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600G processor
Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200
Seagate HDD NAS 3.5" 4TB ST4000VN008 Ironwolf 2x

i am running it in mirror and using lz4 compression.
i am using it only for video's and foto's

my internet connection is 200mbps but when i transfer a file i only get 113mbps write speed.
is there anything i can do to speed it up to 200mbps?

thanks for the help

henqbleom

Dabbler
when i run iperf3 i get this. i changed my ram to 32gb. i am not using any tunables or jails. what could be the problem of my slow write speeds?

iperf3 nas test.png

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Welcome to the forums.

Please note that you're likely to get better outcomes if you put a little more effort into your messages. I'm only answering because I spotted an obvious issue illustrated by your second message: your incorrect usage of "113mbps" which means 113 megabits per second would be vaguely concerning if true, but you're actually seeing north of 900 megabits per second. Please use correct or at least unambiguous abbreviations as discussed in the Terminology and Abbreviations Primer.

This is a technical community, and proper description of your technical issue helps the community participants provide better answers. People generally will not answer if they don't have anything specific to say, so it is incumbent on posters to provide well-structured messages with sufficient detail to allow meaningful responses. I just want you to understand the probable reason your first message got no responses.

I would also note that you are complaining about the network on a

Asrock B550M-ITX/ac moederbord

which a Google search suggests is a Realtek RTL8111H 1GbE part, and if you're already getting 900+Mbits/sec out of it, it's going as fast as expected (the Realtek parts never go full speed in my experience). But it took me a minute or two to look that up, and you are more likely to get community responses if you volunteer that sort of information rather than expecting people to do research on your behalf. Some of us will do it, some of us won't.

If you are looking to go faster, please consider heading on over to the 10 Gig Networking Primer, where you will learn about 10G networks and SFP+ and fiber, which is the strongly preferred and much less expensive way to go 10G.

Please resist the urge to try 10G RJ45 since it tends to be problematic.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Status
Not open for further replies.