How to Import NTFS Disk in TrueNAS Scale 22.12.3.3

Dizzy49

Dabbler
I have just set up TrueNAS Scale 22.12.3.3 and I'm looking to move my data over. I have a pool with 60TB and I have 90TB to move. I want to move my 16TB drives, then add them to the pool and them move the rest. Copying the data over the network will take more than a week. I installed one of the drives in my TrueNAS server. I thought I could Import the data into one of my existing pools, but it looks like that feature is in TrueNAS Core, but not in Scale for some reason. I searched the forum, but it only brough up results from TrueNAS Core, or Legacy, nothing for Scale.

Is there a way to import the data? Or mount the drive and copy the data over directly with rsync or something.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Here it is in the Bluefin UI guide... I can't really see how to get to that screen though.

It seems to be gone (or at least temporarily missing) in the Cobia docs.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality

Dizzy49

Dabbler

Looks like it kind of worked... Maybe? I started the import and went to bed last night. I woke up to an error of "Error: Separator is not found, and chunk exceed the limit". It didn't give me any log to look at afterwards. Not exactly clear what happened. It says 103GB is used of the dataset, and there is 103GB on the drive.

When I look at the dataset I was importing into I see the folders I was expecting. I went into the shell and tried to look in the folders to see if any of the files actually copied over, and I get "permission denied". I thought I could use chmod and change the permissions. I tried:
chmod -R 777 Video

I receive the following error:
chmod: changing persmissions of 'Video': Operation not permitted
chmod: cannot read directory 'Video': Permission denied

I went to the shell and tried to mount the drive directly with:
mount -t ntfs /dev/sde2 /old

I received the following error:
Error opening ready only 'dev/sde2': Permission denied
Failed to mount 'dev/sde2' : Permission denied

Dizzy49

Dabbler
Right now I'm using the 3TB and 4TB drives to figure things out, I don't want to Import an 18TB drive with 14TB of data on it and then find out I can't access it for whatever reason

Dizzy49

Dabbler
1 of 5 drives worked. The 1 drives was only 45GB.
This is not encouraging :(