SOLVED How to delete VM after migration to ESXi?

Antoshka

Dabbler
Hi,
I changed the design of my server and now I run VMware ESXi as a hypervisor on top of all VMs. TrueNAS Scale is running as VM. The migration from TrueNAS with VMs and Containers to the "hypervisor" architecture went smoothly, I successfully restored TrueNAS from the backup config, but now I have an issue: I can not delete the VM.
I'm getting the following error:
"[EFAULT] This system does not support virtualization."
I know that TrueNAS doesn't support virtualization at the moment in my particular case.
Maybe someone knows how to delete this VM from GUI?
Thanks
VM Deleting Error.PNG

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity

Antoshka

Dabbler
Thanks, Samuel, but I don't need the virtualization in TrueNAS anymore, it's why I just want to delete a VM.
If there are no other ways, I will try this workaround.
Thanks!

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Yes, you'll need nested virtualization so the middleware in the VM will detect the CPU's virtualization capabilities and allow you to delete the VM. You can disable nested virtualization afterwards.

Antoshka

Dabbler
Thank you, Samuel, your approach resolved the issue. I was able to delete a VM as soon as I enabled the nested virtualization.

Important note: I had to turn off back the nested virtualization because otherwise I can't passthrough the PCI devices (HBA card with all drives and dedicated NIC for TrueNAS).

Thanks one more time for an extremely quick response!