How to abort a post here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redcoat

MVP
I cannot for the life of me determine how to "dump" a post here once creation is started. Only buttons I see are "create thread", "upload a file" and "preview". Please tell me how ... thx.

D

dlavigne

Just leave a comment for the mods as they have perms to delete posts.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
I cannot for the life of me determine how to "dump" a post here once creation is started. Only buttons I see are "create thread", "upload a file" and "preview". Please tell me how ... thx.
Just close the tab or browse away from it....

Redcoat

MVP
Just close the tab or browse away from it....

Thank you. I thought I tried that but that the part-composed post appeared again when I hit the "new post" button.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Thank you. I thought I tried that but that the part-composed post appeared again when I hit the "new post" button.
The forum stupidly caches your post (sometimes this is a benefit, but I find it more annoying than helpful). You can just ctrl+a to select all the text in the editor and hit the delete button to create your new thread.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
The forum stupidly caches your post (sometimes this is a benefit, but I find it more annoying than helpful). You can just ctrl+a to select all the text in the editor and hit the delete button to create your new thread.

I lose track of posts all the time and the autosave feature has more than once saved a lengthy detailed post I was making.

As for errant posts, feel free to "Report" any post made in error and just indicate what you had intended to do (delete post, new thread, etc). Happy to sort it out for you.

Redcoat

MVP
Thanks both, all now clear!

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
the autosave feature has more than once saved a lengthy detailed post I was making
+1, especially useful when switching between devices, even if a line or two need to be rewritten.

Status
Not open for further replies.