Help with Unhandled Exception on Web Gui

Status
Not open for further replies.

strawdog74

Dabbler
Hi there,

Anyone know what could be causing an unhandled exception when trying to access via HTTP?

Here are the logs from nginx :-

Code:
2013/06/10 17:48:59 [error] 6500#0: *1 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/flup-1.0.2-py2.7.egg/flup/server/fcgi_base.py", line 558, in run
    protocolStatus, appStatus = self.server.handler(self)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/flup-1.0.2-py2.7.egg/flup/server/fcgi_base.py", line 1118, in handler
    result = self.application(environ, start_response)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/handlers/wsgi.py", line 241, in __call__
    response = self.get_response(request)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py", line 179, in get_response
    response = self.handle_uncaught_exception(request, resolver, sys.exc_info())
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py", line 224, in handle_uncaught_exception
    if resolver.urlconf_module is None:
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/urlresolvers.py", line 323, in urlconf_module
    self._urlconf_module = import_module(self.urlconf_name)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/utils/importlib.py", line 35, in import_module
    __import__(name)
  File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/urls.py", line 69, in <module>
    (r'^plugins/', include('freenasUI.plugins.urls')),
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/conf/urls/__init__.py", line 24, in include
    urlconf_module = import_module(urlconf_module)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/utils/importlib.py", line 35, in import_module
    __import__(name)
  File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/plugins/urls.py", line 32, in <module>
    from jsonrpc import jsonrpc_site
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django_json_rpc-0.6.2-py2.7.egg/jsonrpc/__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
    from jsonrpc.site import jsonrpc_site
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django_json_rpc-0.6.2-py2.7.egg/jsonrpc/site.py", line 145
    version = request.jsonrpc_version = r
2013/06/10 17:48:59 [error] 6500#0: *1 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/flup-1.0.2-py2.7.egg/flup/server/fcgi_base.py", line 558, in run
    protocolStatus, appStatus = self.server.handler(self)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/flup-1.0.2-py2.7.egg/flup/server/fcgi_base.py", line 1118, in handler
    result = self.application(environ, start_response)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/handlers/wsgi.py", line 241, in __call__
    response = self.get_response(request)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py", line 179, in get_response
    response = self.handle_uncaught_exception(request, resolver, sys.exc_info())
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py", line 224, in handle_uncaught_exception
    if resolver.urlconf_module is None:
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/urlresolvers.py", line 323, in urlconf_module
    self._urlconf_module = import_module(self.urlconf_name)
    __import__(name)
  File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/urls.py", line 69, in <module>
    (r'^plugins/', include('freenasUI.plugins.urls')),
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/conf/urls/__init__.py", line 24, in include
    urlconf_module = import_module(urlconf_module)
    __import__(name)
  File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/plugins/urls.py", line 32, in <module>
    from jsonrpc import jsonrpc_site
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django_json_rpc-0.6.2-py2.7.egg/jsonrpc/__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
    from jsonrpc.site import jsonrpc_site
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django_json_rpc-0.6.2-py2.7.egg/jsonrpc/site.py", line 145
    version = request.jsonrpc_version = r

Thanks in advance for any pointers. I haven't changed anything but I have rebooted a couple of times today.

Thanks / SD

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Weird stuff. I'd do a RAM test first. Usually bad RAM turns into weird unexplainable errors(like yours). My recommendation is 3 full passes of memtest86+.

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
Unfortunately the nginx buffer is not huge enough to show the entire error.

You might be able to get it with:

python /usr/local/www/freenasUI/manage.py runserver 0.0.0.0:8000
Then access your_freenas_ip:8000

It is high likely the USB flash drive corrupted.

strawdog74

Dabbler
Unfortunately the nginx buffer is not huge enough to show the entire error.

You might be able to get it with:

python /usr/local/www/freenasUI/manage.py runserver 0.0.0.0:8000
Then access your_freenas_ip:8000

It is high likely the USB flash drive corrupted.

Yeah, I think you got it Will. It actually corrupted not that long ago and I used it as excuse to upgrade and thought no more about it. It's an ancient 4GB USB drive, so I'll digout another and reinstall.

Thanks a lot

strawdog74

Dabbler
Update :-

I did the memory test and it passed with no errors. Thankyou Cyberjock for the suggestion (would never have considered running MemTest86+ on a 64-bit machine!)

I ran FSCK and it didn't report any errors, but I'm guessing this doesn't mean 100% that there's no corruption.

I have found a newer 4GB USB drive to re-install FreeNAS 8.3.1, but the trouble is that I need to keep my settings (/data/freenas-v1.db).

SO, a new question.....is there anyway to either :-

- Switch the USB drive during reinstallation from DVD, so that it picks up the settings from the old USB drive and copies them to the new USB drive?
- Copy the settings from a backup at a later date without messing up the database structure?

I am not upgrading and am simply reinstalling v8.3.1 to a *new* 4GB USB drive. TIA

Eniac74

Dabbler
Hi, I am doing a clean install of FreeNAS 9.3 on a brand new machine (see specs in my signature). As a booting device I am using a SanDisk 32GB USB stick. I currently get stuck at the following menu, as I cannot access 10.0.1.10 as indicated by FreeNAS.
upload_2015-1-12_14-39-9.png

What I get in the browser window (FF 34.0.5 for OSX) is just "Unhandled exception / An unhandled exception was thrown by the application.". The USB stick is brand new, so not really expecting any faults there. Also, I was able to access the IPMI UI in order to remotely control the installation so to me that indicates that the network is "correct".
This is all rather new to me so I am all out of ideas for the moment. Could not find any really similar problems with solutions attached, but feel free to point me in the right direction or ask questions if anything is lacking in the explanation.

Eniac74

Dabbler
Problem solved by rebooting. Something wicky-wacky with the LAN cable perhaps. Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.