HELP! Disk Not Detected Properly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help, as I am in some hot water where I have disk that has sat in a drawer for a few months after my previous NAS died. I recently built a new one, and am attempting to attach the drive. Do note this drive is full of VERY valuable information, and there are no replicas of it. In the photo I have attached, you can see what the disk is doing when I imported it. I need to at least get data off it and back it up onto my PC. It is also not showing up when I am assigning a home folder for an account, and that worries me a bit. Please assist!

...Oh and the drive is NOT in RAID.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Freenas.PNG
    Freenas.PNG
    15.1 KB · Views: 323

gpsguy

We need more information - please read the forum rules at the top of the page and provide hardware and software info/versions.

Were you using FreeNAS before? What version? Was the disk UFS/ZFS,...?

Sent from my phone

Last edited:
We need more information - please read the forum rules at the top of the page and provide hardware and software info/versions.

Where you using FreeNAS before? What version? Was the disk UFS/ZFS,...?

Sent from my phone

FreeNAS 9.2

MOBO: Intel C42680 with Intel Pentium 4 HT 2.6 GHz and 800 MHz FSB

RAM: Corsair CMX512 ( 2 x 512 )

Drive of Interest: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500 GB

Hope that helps. :)

Where you using FreeNAS before? What version? Was the disk UFS/ZFS,...?

Sent from my phone

Oh. UFS. Forgot that bit.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
FreeNAS 9.2

MOBO: Intel C42680 with Intel Pentium 4 HT 2.6 GHz and 800 MHz FSB

RAM: Corsair CMX512 ( 2 x 512 )

Drive of Interest: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500 GB

Hope that helps. :)

Yeah, that's one quarter the amount of RAM required for UFS, one eigth for the ZFS.

Oh. UFS. Forgot that bit.

UFS support is gone in 9.3, so you're minus an upgrade path.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Yeah.. not looking good. I'd see if there are any disk recovery programs out there for UFS. Other than that, call a data recovery company and prepare to open that wallet. They ask a hefty premium for their service because they know how valuable your data is to you. ;)

Yeah.. not looking good. I'd see if there are any disk recovery programs out there for UFS. Other than that, call a data recovery company and prepare to open that wallet. They ask a hefty premium for their service because they know how valuable your data is to you. ;)

Sigh.... There is UFS explorer, and I've installed it on my workshop PC, and I am able to view the files that thankfully are still on there, but in order to copy them, it's 25 bucks, and I am too young to have a job.. What I am going to do is put the drive in storage until I absolutely need it.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Do note that putting it in storage until you need it is probably a bad idea. If the data is that important you should get the data off that drive ASAP. Waiting "until later" is a bad idea as whatever mechanical problem the disk currently has will probably get worse just letting it sit on a shelf.

Status
Not open for further replies.