Hello from Memphis, TN

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustPlainDon

Cadet
FreeNAS newbie here and I have already picked up tons of info before I built my latest server and installed FreeNAS. Loving it so far!

Hopefully this will post. Everything I've tried to do in interacting with the system (reply to Welcome message, start conversation or even create a sig) is perceived as possible spam and gets rejected.

L8r,
Don

gpsguy

Welcome to the forums!

You post was successful. I will give you a "thanks" - perhaps that will allow you to create a signature. Unfortunately efforts to control spam affect legitimate users.

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
FreeNAS newbie here and I have already picked up tons of info before I built my latest server and installed FreeNAS. Loving it so far!

Hopefully this will post. Everything I've tried to do in interacting with the system (reply to Welcome message, start conversation or even create a sig) is perceived as possible spam and gets rejected.

L8r,
Don
Welcome to the forums, fellow Southerner!

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Welcome aboard.

JustPlainDon

Cadet
Thanks everyone!

Still can't make a sig. I tried to enter just the OS I'm using and it still flags it as possible spam.

"OS: FreeNAS-11.0-U1 (aa82cc58d)"

Is there a FAQ on what the system looks for in the way of spam?

Thanks again,
Don

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
Thanks everyone!

Still can't make a sig. I tried to enter just the OS I'm using and it still flags it as possible spam.

"OS: FreeNAS-11.0-U1 (aa82cc58d)"

Is there a FAQ on what the system looks for in the way of spam?

Thanks again,
Don
The SPAM system is classifying your messages with a level '3'; it tags anything with 3+ as SPAM. I approved this post of yours earlier today.

I'm not an expert... but I believe the forum software will relax the SPAM identification criteria after you've made a few bona fide posts.

If you keep having problems after making some more posts, let us know and we'll track down a fix.

JustPlainDon

Cadet
Fully working now. Sig updated with system info. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.