Hello from Massachusetts

Status
Not open for further replies.

madin3

Dabbler
Hello all,
Started using FreeNAS about 6 months ago. Prior to that used a buggy Microsoft Windows Home Server on a HP StorageWorks DataVault x510 for many years until a drive died so I converted it into FreeNAS.
Loved it so much that I moved it into an HP Microserver Proliant gen8 g1610t. Installed Plexserver and Nextcloud
Upgrade 16Gb RAM and Intel Xeon E3-1239V2 3.3Hz Quad-core processor are in the mail.
Ran into an issue with FreeNAS 9.10.2 already "CRITICAL: The capacity for the volume 'freenas-boot' is currently at 90%, while the recommended value is below 80%."
So I'm going to be looking for a lot of advice on this and remote access to Nextcloud.
Cheers

gpsguy

Welcome to the forums!

You should be able to free up space on your boot device by deleting some of your old boot environments. Look at System → Boot.

madin3

Dabbler
Thanks gpsguy, deleted everything except 9.10.2 - on Reboot, Now - Keep: NO
Still getiing error now showing 92%.
Boot is on a 32GB Sandisk USB stick

madin3

Dabbler
Wonder if the issue is due to 4gb RAM and Intel Celeron G1610T @2.30gHz processor. Both will be upgraded shortly.

Do you maybe have your 'system dataset' configured on the boot pool instead of your datapool?

madin3

Dabbler
Thanks Laszlo Radics, checked that. I hope I'm looking in the right place.
System -> System Dataset -> System dataset pool -> There are 2 options from the drop down.
MyNAS and freenas-pool.
Mine is set to MyNAS (Not freenas-pool).
I have however isolated the cause. It only occurs when I check on ftp in Services.
I currently have 5 surveillance camera folders in MyNAS and they work fine when I use FileZilla ftp client to download captures.
When I turn off ftp in Services the problem goes away and the "Used" Boot Volume does Not incrementally increase.
So I need to find a way to properly configure "ftp" so it does not write to the boot-pool.
Thanks, any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.