Hello from Charleston, SC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjwalfredo

Cadet
Hi All, I decided that FreeNAS is something I am going to get pretty geeky with!

I learned about ZFS with Solaris quite a few years back when the software company I worked for partnered with SUN (which quickly became Oracle) and always thought it was amazing. About seven months ago, I decided I needed a local NAS server for file storage and media in my home. I discovered FreeNAS and was instantly intrigued when I found out that the main features were based on ZFS.

I've been successfully running a server for about 7 months on "old hardware" (successful being a relative term, I'm sure) but a few days ago I decided to bite the bullet and do this the right way with a proper system. I successfully upgraded my system tonight (after a minor freakout when I couldn't remember where I saved the key for decrypting my storage volume).

Anyways, I just wanted to say hi and say how awesome this project is. I'll be sure to post back later with more specifics after I have a chance to play with my new proper system :)

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Welcome to the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.