Hello from Canada!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cellery72

Cadet
Hey everybody!

My name's Justin, I recently built a FreeNAS system with some old hardware lying around. It's got 16gb ddr3, an i7 2600k, 2x4tb HGST 7200rpm drives and a samsung evo840 500gb ssd.

So far I've setup a jail for plex and owncloud, I'm currently in the process of securing SSL/HTTPS and I've got a lot of threads favourited to read already! Looks like a wonderful community, I cannot wait to dive in!

Cheers,
Cellery72

joeschmuck

Old Man
Welcome to FreeNAS Forums.

We hope your experience is a good one. Please note that your system is of course not up to the minimum specs by our standards but that is okay as long as you realize it. It's very possible that you will have an error free system. Also, many users like yourself will use your system as a stepping stone to purchasing a better system later on, I did the same thing myself but it took me a few years to pry the money from my wallet.

Cheers!

Cellery72

Cadet
Welcome to FreeNAS Forums.

We hope your experience is a good one. Please note that your system is of course not up to the minimum specs by our standards but that is okay as long as you realize it. It's very possible that you will have an error free system. Also, many users like yourself will use your system as a stepping stone to purchasing a better system later on, I did the same thing myself but it took me a few years to pry the money from my wallet.

Cheers!

Interesting to note! I hadn't considered that upon initial build but I'm sure I could justify the purchase to myself when the time comes. I'm looking at the hardware recommendations in your signature now! Hopefully it will be okay, seems to be running fine now.

joeschmuck

Old Man
I'm sure your system will be fine for now. There is a listing of recommended hardware under the Resources tab at the top of the page, take a look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.