Hello FreeNAS Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKHilton

Cadet
I'm new to FreeNAS and the community. I have been window browsing on this forum for quite sometime and reading everything I can on FreeNAS. I've to to the conclusion, that I think I'm ready to build my system. I figured, that I need to go ahead and "sh*t or get off the pot" as my mom use to say.

It will be used at home mostly as bulk storage for documents, photos, streaming movies and music. I hope to use some of the jails and VM capabilities to host other functions. High on that next to do list is to get Plex running and to get my web server up, so that when I travel as I do often all over the world, I can watch movies and listen to music among other thing while away from home.

I have been researching hardware for over year and think I have finally, figured out what I think I want for my build. I will be posting it to the Will it Fit NAS Thread to get advice from everyone.

Thanks again, for this forum and for your knowledge and allow us noobies to this entire process to come in and get educated and pick the brains of the experts in this arena.

DK

Status
Not open for further replies.