Hardware failure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HyperBlast

Cadet
Last night I had a couple reboots on my FreeNas server during copies but by the time I got to the console I couldn't tell what happened and /var/log/messages didn't offer much insight either.
I finally got to the server in time to see the errors (screenshots attached). Is this a CPU failure? My motherboard is SuperMicro MBD-A1SRI-2758F-O with 32GB of ECC RAM. It seems like even after the reboots the pool is imported with no errors and I think I could move the disks to another motherboard/cpu. Anyone else seen this before?

1.JPG
2.JPG

Last edited:

Pezo

Explorer
I can't see your screenshots, they just show as a "no entry" sign.

danb35

Hall of Famer
...and in general, don't use external picture-hosting services. These forums host pictures just fine. Either paste them directly into your post, or use the "upload a file" button.

HyperBlast

Cadet
I got them uploaded, sorry for the bush league mistake. I assumed that you had to external host just from the verbiage.

HyperBlast

Cadet
I'm thinking this is a problem with the motherboard, I did some research on it and people on amazon and elsewhere are saying it's a bug with the CPU, some Intel Atom C2000 bug. Opened an RMA with SuperMicro but still curious what the savvy members of this forum think. Thanks!

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
If it's an older board (say, ~2 years), it's almost certainly the CPU dying. C2000 is really nasty in that regard, at least prior to the fix from early this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.