Hard drive shows up in BIOS but not in Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiknNutz

Patron
Unrelated to FreeNAS I know, but there appears to be a high density of smart-ish folks on here ;-) I have an issue with an additional hard drive on a Windows 10 desktop (has been months now, but would like to fix it if possible). I was using it for add'l storage and all of a sudden one day all my document links crapped out. I had mapped all of my "My Documents" folders and such to this hard drive. I restarted the PC and then the hard drive was nowhere to be found. I checked in the BIOS and it is still recognized. However, no amount of fiddling around I've done inside of Windows has resurrected it. I have tried going into the "Manage" section of windows then to Disk Management upon recommendation from some other research I found, but that hard drive refuses to reveal itself. Is the drive simply toast now or what might be the issue? I have not yet tried to move it to another computer. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks.

ChiknNutz

Patron
No it does not show up. I have also tried using AOMEI partition assistant and it also does not see the disk.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
It could be dead. I have an older WD Green on my desk. It survives just long enough to get SMART data off of it. It's not pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.