Hangs On Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian Strom

Cadet
Hey Freenas Forum,

I have searched threads and I can't for the life of me find the answer, so if someone finds a thread more related...PLEASE enlighten me. Unless that happens here is my issue.

I have an HP Proliant server with a Dual-Core Xeon @ 2.6GHz and 24GB of RAM. I have 6X1TB drives, 256 Samsung 840 Pro SSD (Cache), and 128 GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD (ZIL). I have all 8 hard drives running through two StarTech 6-Port Sata Controller PCI Cards. Whenever I boot up however, it shows me "ada2:ata4:#&^@%#&^$%#@&$%@#&$%#@&^$%@#&^@" and spams that SO fast that I can't see what it says next to the first part. (It doesn't actually do the mash of symbols it has text, I just honestly can't even read ONE bit of it.) First, what the heck is it saying, it would a LOT easier for me to troubleshoot if I could read it. Second, has anyone seen this before. Third, the system has booted before, in fact...if I let it sit on this jumble for an hour or so it passes by. Lastly, does it have ANYTHING to do with, and should I have left alone, the Power Management settings of the disks and the noise management of the disks? Any help here would be hot.

Thanks Freenas forums,

I

Status
Not open for further replies.