Half my Disk Capacity disappeared when I upgraded to 9.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I have FreeNAS running in a HP Microserver with 4 disks (3 500GB and 1 250GB) and a USB stick (to boot FreeNAS), The 250GB is setup as a single disk with no RAID and the 3 500GB were set up in RAID Z1 in 8.3 giving me 1TB with redundancy. Since I upgraded to 9.1 my RAIDed 500GB disks are reporting as a total of around 517 GB (or 562GB for one user). Am I missing something or where has my space gone?

Capture.PNG

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Got a better look at it. Do you have snapshots?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Thanks, but I am not using 500GB. I have a Jail running a Minecraft server and the shares set up but they currently have virtually nothing in them. As you can see from the screen grab FreeNAS is reporting the size as around 517-563GB. with 517 available. Before upgrading the size reported at 1TB. I am also confused as to why the size varies

Thanks for the suggestion. It was periodic snapshots but I don't really understand why. I had an hourly snapshot running with a 'keep for 2 weeks'. By my reckoning this should have been around 350 to 400 snapshots. When I looked there were over 2600. I deleted them and now have my disk space back. Should FreeNAS not delete snapshots automatically after the 'Keep for' time?

Status
Not open for further replies.