GUI no longer allowing NFS export

Hi everyone,

Running TrueNAS SCALE 22.12.1.

I need to add an additional NFS export, but when I do so with the GUI, it flashes quickly and then just remains at the "submit" screen. The cursor remains in the "busy" mode so I can't click on anything new in the window. The behavior is the same in Firefox and Chrome.

Strange issue. I've run this version for a few weeks now without issue, but I haven't had to add an export so I can't say whether this export item was created in the 12.1 release or if it existed before. (I think it's probably specific to me, as I can't find any other reports of this in 22.12.1).

When I go in and try to hand-edit the /etc/exports file, it seems to overwrite my changes after a reboot anyway, and it doesn't appear in the GUI.

The GUI DOES work to delete an existing NFS share, but when I do that and try to re-add the share I've just deleted (which was in place and working), it does the same thing.

I took a look through the syslog and errorlog and I can't see anything which is obviously wrong. Does anyone have an idea where I might be able to go to troubleshoot this, please? I did try just rebooting the system to see if that fixed a GUI glitch, but no dice.

Thanks a ton for your help - very much appreciated.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
I was able to do it on a 22.12.1 system just now.

I guess in trying different browsers you've already eliminated cached items, but maybe shift-refresh if you had accessed it previously in those browsers.

Not sure what else to suggest, but confirm it's just you at this point.

I was able to do it on a 22.12.1 system just now.

I guess in trying different browsers you've already eliminated cached items, but maybe shift-refresh if you had accessed it previously in those browsers.

Not sure what else to suggest, but confirm it's just you at this point.
Thanks for that - I did try the shift-refresh as well, but no success.

Do you happen to know where (which log) I might be able to trace the interaction from the GUI? I'm basically trying to chase down what went wrong when the GUI sent the command back to the OS - or, alternatively, if the GUI has stopped sending that command to the OS, to be able to look for it in a log and confirm that it isn't there.

Hoping it's there and it's throwing an error that just isn't making it back to the GUI. I just can't find any reference to it.

sretalla