GUI empty after new install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pantani99

Cadet
Hi,

Last night I installed 9.10 for the first time. I followed all of the instructions and according to the console I can access the UI using http://192.168.0.20. The problem is that when I try to access that URL on another PC, and enter username 'root' and my password, I see an almost empty UI (see below)

FreeNAS UI.PNG

This is my first attempt at setting up any sort of a network server. I am using a PC made of old upgraded parts which, while not optimum, I believe should be adequate to test on. I am only using one HDD as I am just testing things out for now but will eventually add more.

Gigabyte GA-H61MA-D2V Micro ATX
Core i3-2120
8GB DDR3 1600 RAM (Non-ECC)
1 x WD Green 500GB HDD
Booting from a 32GB Sandisk flash drive

I have tried rebooting numerous times, recreating the boot media, and opening the UI in MS Edge, Firefox and Chrome. I've also searched the forums for similar issues without success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm totally stuck.

Thanks in advance.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
I would recommend installing a web browser that you don't normally use, fresh. e.g., Firefox. Does that work? If you get the same result, then at least we've established that it's not something in the browser.

Pantani99

Cadet
The PC I am using is a new build that's only a couple of weeks old so all of the browsers are current versions. I already had Edge and Firefox installed and then tried a fresh install of Chrome once I saw this issue. I get the same result with all of them.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
The PC I am using is a new build that's only a couple of weeks old so all of the browsers are current versions. I already had Edge and Firefox installed and then tried a fresh install of Chrome once I saw this issue. I get the same result with all of them.
Well then the only thing I can suggest is that the FreeNAS operating system you installed might be corrupted (this is a common problem on USB flash drive installs). Can you try to reinstall?

Pantani99

Cadet
Well then the only thing I can suggest is that the FreeNAS operating system you installed might be corrupted (this is a common problem on USB flash drive installs). Can you try to reinstall?
Okay, I just bought a new 8GB flash drive so I'll try again when I get home. I've been using the two USB flash drive method so far so if that still fails I may have to install a cd drive on my PC and try that route. I'll let you know how it goes.

Pantani99

Cadet
I've spent the evening using various combinations of four different USB flash drives and plugging them into different slots in case that makes any difference. Every time I boot FreeNAS up, regardless of which USB drive I use, I get the same result.

I'm on the verge of admitting defeat, which is a shame as I'd really like to get this set up.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Try clearing the browser caches, too.

Also, have you compared the ISO's SHA256 with the published one?

Pantani99

Cadet
Did you checksum the downloaded image?

Yes, checksum was correct.

I was wondering whether it was something to do with my NIC as it's just the Realtek one on the motherboard, but I bought another one today and I see the same with that too.

As much as I want to I just don't think I'm destined to use FreeNAS.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
So, turned out, with internet exploiter, I got the same thing. That exact same empty GUI.

When I moved to Chrome or Firefox, it worked.

adrianwi

Guru
I've been seeing this in Safari ever since installing macOS beta. A few refreshes usually resolves.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
So, turned out, with internet exploiter, I got the same thing. That exact same empty GUI.

When I moved to Chrome or Firefox, it worked.
Works fine here, last I checked.

Pantani99

Cadet
Okay, it looks like I have some javascript errors on the page, which is why it's not displaying properly. If I hit F12 I see the below errors and a whole load of additional CSS errors. I'm pretty sure the CSS errors are caused by the javascript failing. I've done some pretty extensive searching and found this which shows the same empty GUI that I see. I tried the same fix but it didn't work.

upload_2016-7-9_1-3-57.png

Status
Not open for further replies.