Guessed BIOS device 0x80 not found by probes

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DeletedUser88470

Eventually I received my HW, but I am struggling installing FreeNAS.
I used Rufus to create a bootable USB stik in Windows with the latest version of FreeNAS 11.2 BETA 2.
I am quite certain that it is a BIOS fault, so I updated to the latest version BIOS on my X11SSH-F.
It doesn't quite get past this error message, and hangs.

I would like to install it on a 128GB M.2 disk i have installed.

Could someone advise?

D

DeletedUser88470

Did anyone else have problems installing it? I have checked the checksum, installed it on 3 different USB sticks, and tried all the different USB ports - I have also tried both UEFI and legacy without luck. I have also disconnected all drived including the M.2 ssd, still getting the same message.
Does anyone else have the same board, but without any installation problems?

D

DeletedUser88470

OK, even more confusion - the Freenas 11.1 STORAGE ONLY CONFIGURATIONS is now working but not the 11.2 BETA 2 STORAGE, PLUGINS, AND VIRTUALIZATION...?

What is the difference?

Is there another version I should get instead?

gpsguy

Don't worry about the descriptions.

FreeNAS 11.1-U6 is the latest stable version. FreeNAS 11.2-Beta2 is a beta version for the next release. It's final release isn't expected for at least 2 months.

If you'd like to read about what's new in 11.2, you can download a copy of the 11.2 documenation via a link in my signature. See the section regarding :new features in 11.2".

OK, even more confusion - the Freenas 11.1 STORAGE ONLY CONFIGURATIONS is now working but not the 11.2 BETA 2 STORAGE, PLUGINS, AND VIRTUALIZATION...?

What is the difference?

sretalla